Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: C:\Users\Mickie\Documents\website\current\images\tophdrorig.jpg

 

  Minister Jerry Bradford and his wife, Deborah

Minister Jerry Bradford is a 1969 graduate of Waynoka, OK High School; a 1973 graduate of Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK.  In 2009, he received his Bachelor of biblical Studies degree from Sunset International Bible Institute.

He was our full-time minister from 1982-1993 and has been our part time minister since 2008.  He retired from teaching school in 2017.

His wife Deborah is a 1972 graduate of Waynoka, OK High School and a 1982 graduate of Ellis County LPN Nursing School in Shattuck, OK. Presently she owns and operates Ye Olde Laundromatte at 319 E. Main in Watonga.

Welcome

 

 

 

Everyone here invites you to consider meeting with us sometime soon. Colossians 3:12-17 speaks very well to our trying to be more like Christ. Would you consider sharing this with us?

Please join us as we try to do the best we can.

Sunday

10:00 a.m.

Bible Classes

10:45 a.m.

Morning worship

5:00 p.m.

Evening worship

Wednesday

6:30 p.m.

Bible study

“We may be small, but we are mighty”

                            ------- Flora Jean Flynn

 

 

Contact Us : preacher, 580-623-4015 or Alvin Woodruff, 580-623-0007
Have a Bible question or comment? Bible Study? Email us at woodruff@watonga.com 

 

Site hosted by Watonga.com

          The Church of Christ was established in Watonga in the spring of 1950.  Meetings were held on Sunday afternoon in the banquet room of the Watonga City Hall.  The Northside Church of Christ from Oklahoma City conducted these services initially.  Area Churches of Christ also attended and assisted.

          In the summer of 1950 a six-week tent meeting was held nightly with several evangelists preaching, some black and some white.  The tent was behind the service station at the corner of Noble and Highway 33.

          A lot was purchased in the 900 block of North Wikoff and a one-room country schoolhouse was moved to the site for the congregation to meet in.

          In 1954 Watonga schools for the new grade school purchased the block on which the building was located.  The church then purchased lots across the street and constructed a new building.  The previous building was moved to East Main for the black brethren to meet in.

          In 1964 there were three congregations of the Churches of Christ in Watonga; the black church on East Main, a white church on West Main and a white church on North Wikoff.  Sometime after 1964 the black congregation began meeting with the white brethren on West Main.

          The West Main church purchased a frame building from the Lutheran Church.  It was moved to 912 North Leach.  The church constructed a new auditorium in 1980-1981.  In 1982 the North Wikoff and the North Leach church united and continue to meet at 912 North Leach.  There was a congregation of the Church of Christ in Watonga in the early 1930s but little is known about it.    (by Nettie Plummer)

 

 

God's Plan of Salvation

Hear ~ ~ Romans 10:17, Believe ~ ~ John 8:24, Repent ~ ~ Luke 13:3, Confess ~ ~ Romans 10:10,

Be Baptized ~ ~ Mark 16:16, Be Faithful ~ ~ Revelation 2:10