What to Expect…..
You have probably had the experience of attending some public gathering for the
first time not knowing what to expect. This can be an uneasy experience. This
is one reason why some are reluctant to attend the services of a church with
which they are unfamiliar. This is understandable since some religious services
have things happen that are strange and out of the ordinary.
What about the church of Christ? What do these people do when they assemble for worship? These are good questions. Here is the simple answer. When we assemble on the Lord’s day (Rev. 1:10), (Sunday, the first day of the week), we participate in the five items of worship described in the New Testament.
· Prayer – We are led by men of the congregation (as Paul directed in 1 Timothy 2:1-8).
· Singing – The congregation (not a group or a choir) joins together in praising God in song (as required in Ephesians 5:19).
· Communion – The church eats the bread and drinks the cup (the Lord’s Supper) on each Lord’s day (as was the practice of the New Testament church as seen in Acts 20:7).
· Teaching – The assembly is instructed in the Word of God (just as it was on Pentecost, the day the church was established, Acts 2:42).
· Giving – The Lord’s work is financially supported, not by worldly fund drives, but the contribution of each Christian on the Lord’s day (as commanded by Paul, 1 Corinthians 16:2).
The Christians who compose the church of Christ extend to you a warm welcome to attend our worship services.
Site hosted by Watonga.com